Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Eat To Love

I am starting this blog mostly because people keep telling me to. I get a lot of requests for my recipes, so I figure I might as well share them with the world!

A lot of the food I make does start off with a base recipe that I find on the internet or in a book, but I pretty much always end up changing the recipe and some of the ingredients to fit what I'm looking for in the finished product. The end result is usually a whole new recipe that I use over and over again.

Because I'm Italian, I have always enjoyed feeding people. I think one of the greatest things about food is that it is so diverse and flexible, and it is a wonderful vessel for love. I love introducing people to new foods and new combinations of foods and showing them that vegetarian food doesn't have to be a side dish.

My ultimate goal in sharing vegetarian food and recipes is not to push a vegetarian agenda, but just to show people that food without meat is delicious and can stand on its own. I will also offer occasional vegan and gluten-free recipes, because these ways of eating are important to a lot of people. My hope is that when you try these recipes for yourself, you'll love them so much that you won't even realize it's meat-free.

Vegetarian food is good for your body, good for the animals, good for the environment...and just plain good.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment